Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 8:30am
SHARPTON URGES DIVESTMENT TO CLEAN UP RAP LYRICS
[SOURCE: Reuters, AUTHOR: Eric Olson]
Activist Rev. Al Sharpton organized rallies across the United States on Tuesday urging public divestment from the music industry until rap lyricists stop employing the "n-word" and terms degrading to women.
- Sharpton Asks FCC to Regulate Rap
- Al Sharpton amplifies calls for FCC to regulate racism in broadcasting
- Sharpton’s Push for Comcast Raises Issues About Possible MSNBC Job
- Donâ€™t Blame Hip-Hop
- NAACP Urges Image Upgrade in Media
- Media Execs Get Earful on Lyrics at House Hearing
- Imus Struggling to Retain Sway as a Franchise
- How Some Men Harass Women Online and What Other Men Can Do to Stop It
- PTC targets ABC's 'Good Christian Bitches'
- In Science and Technology, Efforts to Lure Women Back
- Sharpton, City Council Members Petition for FCC to Pull News Corp.'s Waiver
- No Experience Necessary?
- PTC Finds Increase in Violence Against Females on Television
- The Death of the VCR
- NBC apologizes for Jane Fonda's offensive word