New Members of President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
Submitted: May 27, 2011 - 8:47am
Last updated: May 27, 2011 - 8:53am
Last updated: May 27, 2011 - 8:53am
Source: White House, The
The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20500, United States
President Barack Obama announced his intent to appoint the following individuals to be members of the President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee:
- Scott Charney: Charney is the Corporate Vice President of Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing (TwC) Group. Before TwC, Mr. Charney served as Chief of the Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Mr. Charney also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, N.Y., where he later was named Deputy Chief of the Investigations Bureau. He holds two B.A.s from the State University of New York in Binghamton and a J.D. from Syracuse University.
- Dick Costolo: Costolo is the current CEO and former COO of Twitter, Inc. He is also an advisor to LaunchBox Digital and a mentor at TechStars, LLC. Prior to Twitter, Mr. Costolo worked at Google from 2007 to 2009, following Google’s acquisition of FeedBurner, which he co-founded in 2004. Prior to FeedBurner, Mr. Costolo served as a Senior Vice President at 724 Solutions Inc. Mr. Costolo was also CEO, President and Co-Founder of Spyonit.com. Mr. Costolo holds a B.S. from the University of Michigan.
- David G. DeWalt: DeWalt is President of McAfee, which provides computer antivirus and security products and services. Prior to joining McAfee, Mr. DeWalt was President of Software, Sales and Services at EMC, a provider of storage hardware solutions. Previously, Mr. DeWalt was President and CEO of Documentum. He also held executive-level positions at Eventus Software, Quest Software, Segue and Oracle. He holds a B.S. from the University of Delaware.
- Jamie Dos Santos: Santos is the current President and CEO of Terremark Federal Group. She previously served as Chief Marketing Officer for Terremark Worldwide, Inc. Prior to joining Terremark, Ms. Dos Santos worked for several global companies including BellSouth, Bellcore and SAIC. Ms. Dos Santos sits on the AFCEA Intelligence Committee as well as the Information Technology Sector Coordinating Council for the U.S. Protection of Critical Information Infrastructure. Her educational background includes eight years in the Bellcore Training Center, the University of Florida and Harvard Business School for Continuing Education.
- Lisa Hook: Hook is the President and CEO of Neustar, Inc. Prior to joining Neustar, Inc., Ms. Hook held leadership positions at AOL, Time Warner and Viacom. Ms. Hook also served as a senior advisor at the Federal Communications Commission. Ms. Hook currently serves on several corporate and non-profit boards, including Reed Eslevier PLC, Reed Elsevier NV, Reed Elsevier Group PLC and The Ocean Foundation. She holds a B.A. from Duke University and a J.D. from Dickenson School of Law.
- CenturyLink CEO Tapped for National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- Two picks for Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board; one for President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- Verizon Exec Picked for President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- Vonage's Lefar Tapped for President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- New Leadership for President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- Spectrum Management Advisory Committee Meeting
- National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- NTIA Seeking Nominations for Spectrum Management Advisory Committee
- President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- OSTP's Deutchman to Join Neustar
- Commerce Spectrum Management Advisory Committee
- President Obama Announces Intent to Nominate John Bryson as Department of Commerce Secretary
- President Obama Announces Members of Science and Technology Advisory Council
- Announcement of Members on Open Internet Advisory Committee
- President Obama Continues Federal Advisory Committees