Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
The Power of Open
Creative Commons and the New America Foundation
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The Creative Commons and the New America Foundation celebrate universal access in the 21st Century for the release of The Power of Open, a new book featuring case studies about artists, educators and entrepreneurs from around the globe who successfully use Creative Commons' tools to advance their research, art, teaching, and business. Creative Commons, a nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving a vision of universal access on the Internet, is bringing together some of the world's most innovative and influential individuals to discuss this vision. This event is one of six that will take place in cities across six continents, including Washington, D.C., and will feature some of the most prominent voices in art, science, business, and policy.
5:30 p.m. to 5:35 p.m. - Introduction
Knight Media Policy Fellow
New America Foundation
5:35 p.m. to 6:45 p.m - Speakers
Partnerships and OPEN Initiative Advisor
Co-founder, Global Voices Online
Schwartz Fellow, New America Foundation
6:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. - Audience Q&A
7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - Reception
To RSVP for the event:
For questions, contact Stephanie Gunter at (202) 596-3367 or email@example.com
- Will the Last Reporter Please Turn Out the Lights
- The Open Government Directive
- 550 Challenge: World Borderless by February 3, 2018
- Community Media - A Full Spectrum Future
- The Open Technology Initiative
- Was Orwell Right? The Dark Side of the Internet
- Digital District: Local News and Online Media Access in Washington
- Internet Defense League Launch Party
- Captive Audience
- Mediactive: A User's Guide to Democratized Media
- Who Pays for the News?
- Who Should Govern the Internet?
- Tinkering With Tomorrow
- Decoding Digital Activism
- Internet and Human Rights: Opportunities and Threats