Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 10:38am
ION TELEVISION LAUNCHES DTV EDUCATION CAMPAIGN
[SOURCE: Broadcasting&Cable, AUTHOR: ]
ION -- which comprises TV stations reaching 94 million households and digital-multicast channels -- said it will air public-service announcements in all dayparts, including primetime; make executives available to speak to the community about the switch; and run crawls and alerts about what it said has been termed the "broadcast triple play" of better reception, more program streams and mobile TV.
* ION Launches DTV Education Campaign
* ION TV Goes Digital To Aid Low-Powered Stations
The effort helps some 2,800 lower-power TV stations, which warned that the changeover from analog to digital TV could severely impact its small station TV businesses. Many LPTV stations run ION programming.
* ION Rolls Out Educational Campaign on DTV Transition
- FCC: NAB's $697 Million Not Enough
- FCC Expands DTV-Education Efforts
- Clear Channel Launches 'Localism' Initiative
- MyNetworkTV to Air DTV-Education PSAs
- NAB Debuts DTV-Transition PSA
- Ferree: FCC Should Not Mandate DTV PSAs
- Broadcasters: DTV PSA Mandate Unnecessary
- Getting Ready For the Death Of Analog TV
- NAB, Some Members Diverge Over Kids Rules
- NAB and Martin: is the magic gone?
- APTS to Bring DTV-Education Campaign to Libraries
- Kohl DTV Transition Bill
- Barton, Upton Seek DTV Answers from Martin
- Big, Small Broadcasters Spar Over DTV Campaign
- Martin: Primetime PSAs Critical