Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 10:50am
FCC Drops Vote on Minority Ownership
On Tuesday morning, the FCC announced it would not consider a Report and Order and Third Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning initiatives designed to increase participation in the broadcasting industry by new entrants and small businesses, including minority- and women-owned businesses.
FCC Moves to Promote Low Power Radio
The Federal Communications Commission adopted a wide-ranging series of ownership, eligibility and technical rules and sought comment on additional technical matters concerning low power radio stations.
New Reporting Regs for Broadcasters
The Federal Communications Commission adopted new rules requiring TV stations to make quarterly local programming reports on standardized forms.
FCC Adopts 13th Annual Report to Congress on Video Competition and Notice of Inquiry for the 14th Annual Report
In the face of a lobbying blitzkrieg by the cable television industry, the Federal Communications Commission drastically scaled back Tuesday evening a proposal by the agency’s chairman to more tightly regulate the industry.
FCC Adopts Rules to Promote Video Programming Diversity
The Federal Communications Commission adopted a Report and Order (Order) which allows consumers to receive a broader and more diverse range of programming from their cable operators.
FCC Proposes Extending Do-Not-Call Registry
The Federal Communications Commission adopted a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) seeking comment on whether to require telemarketers to honor registrations with the National Do-Not-Call Registry beyond the current five-year registration period.
- FCC 11/27 Open Meeting Agenda
- FCC Drops Vote on Minority Ownership
- FCC Agenda Slipping
- Regulators Urge Minority Tax Credit Plan
- Promoting Diversification of Ownership in the Broadcasting Services
- FCC Meeting Begins
- New Ownership Studies Expected
- FCC 12/18 Open Meeting
- FCC 12/18 Open Meeting Agenda
- FCC to Improve Its Collection of Data on Minority and Female Broadcast Ownership
- House Judiciary Chairman Asks Tough Questions of FCC Chairman
- FCC Proposes Extending Do-Not-Call Registry
- FCC Commissioner targets media consolidation
- FCC's Media Ownership Proceeding
- FCC Takes Additional Steps to Implement the Local Community Radio Act