Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
The House Judiciary Task Force on Antitrust and Competition Policy HAS POSTPONED a hearing titled, "Media Consolidation: Impact on Minority Ownership and Localism." The hearing will be held on Wednesday, December 12, at 2 p.m. in 2141 Rayburn House Office Building. Members will look at the impact of media consolidation on minority ownership and participation, the preservation of local voices in the media, and maintaining diversity and a variety of viewpoints in the media.
WHO: House Judiciary Antitrust Task Force
Anchor and Managing Editor of "Dan Rather Reports", HDTV
Senior Fellow and Director, Center for Digital Media Freedom, Progress and Freedom Foundation
Talk Show Host, Radio One, WOL-AM
President, Women's Media Center
Executive Director, Minority Media and Telecommunications Council
S. Derek Turner
Director of Research, Free Press
WHEN: Wednesday, December 12, 2007, 2 p.m.
WHERE: 2141 Rayburn House Office Building
- POSTPONED: Hearing on the State of Competition on the Internet
- Trends Affecting Minority Broadcast Ownership
- First Amendment and Campaign Finance Reform After Citizens United
- Competition and Commerce in Digital Books (witness list)
- Hearing: A New Age for Newspapers: Diversity of Voices, Competition and the Internet
- Today's Quote 05.31.07
- House Judiciary Hearing On Minority Ownership
- Content Protection in the Digital Age: The Broadcast Flag, High-Definition Radio, and the Analog Hole
- Groups Weigh In to FCC on Media Ownership
- Hearing on: H.R. 848, the "Performance Rights Act"
- Hearing: Video Competition in 2005
- Today's Quotes 11.09.07
- Cybersecurity: Network Threats and Policy Challenges
- House Judiciary Committee Postpones Media-Ownership and Diversity Hearing
- Town Meeting on the Future of Media