Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
The Federal Communications Commission has announced that, on Tuesday, April 1, 2008, it will hold a Digital Television (DTV) Consumer Education Workshop focusing on low-income consumers. The Workshop will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at approximately 12:00 p.m., and will address issues related to ensuring that low-income consumers are prepared for the DTV transition.
The Workshop will be held at FCC Headquarters, 445 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC, in the Commission Meeting Room, and will be webcast live from the FCC’s website at www.fcc.gov/realaudio.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Pre-Program Demonstrations of Digital-to-Analog Converter Boxes
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps
FCC Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein
FCC Commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate
9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. How to Reach and Provide Support on the DTV Transition to Low-Income Consumers
Moderator: Catherine W. Seidel, Chief, FCC Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Cheri Arnott, Associate Commissioner for External Affairs, Social Security Administration
Luisa Lopez, Director of Social Work Practice, Human Rights and International Affairs, National Association of Social Workers
Lou Manuta, Senior Attorney, New York Public Utility Law Project
Marjorie Moore, President, Harlem Consumer Education Council
Quinton Robinson, Policy Advisor, Rural Coalition and Mississippi Action for Community Education
Mark Wolfe, Executive Director, National Energy Assistance Directors Association
10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Break
Attendees are encouraged to view the digital-to-analog converter box demonstrations.
10:45 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Remarks of FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell
10:50 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. How to Reach and Provide Support to Low-Income Consumers on the DTV Transition (continued)
12:00p.m. – 12:15 p.m. Wrap Up
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Demonstrations Continue
- DTV Consumer Education Workshop Dec 4
- FCC DTV Consumer Education Workshop (Rural)
- Digital Television Consumer Education Workshop
- DTV Consumer Education Workshop Nov 8
- More DTV Consumer Education Workshops
- FCC: Digital Television Consumer Education Workshop
- FCC DTV Education Workshop -- Converter Boxes
- FCC DTV Consumer Education Workshop (Disabilities)
- Broadband in Low-income Communities: From Access to Adoption
- Learning and Growing in the Digital Age
- FCC DTV Consumer Education Workshop on DTV Converter Boxes
- Consumer Advisory Committee (Aug 2011)
- FCC's Digital Television Consumer Education Workshop
- Consumer Advisory Committee (Nov 2012)
- Preemption of State Wireless Regulation: Where Do Consumers Fit In?