Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 12:14pm
SMILE, YOU'RE ON A BAR WEBCAM
[SOURCE: C-Net|News.com, AUTHOR: Stefanie Olsen]
Bar Webcams are a growing phenomenon in cities like Boston, Denver, Chicago, San Diego, Minneapolis, and even tourist spots like Key West. The idea is simple: with a Webcam installed in a bar or restaurant, potential customers can call up the live video stream online or by mobile phone so they can survey the crowd before venturing out. People who want a quiet night can scout for a bar with a mellow scene, and those who want a lively night can look for the crowds.
- Viewers From Mid-Sized Markets Flock to NBC's Olympics Telecasts
- Study: Americans feel Strongly about Social Ties Online, Too
- Is a not-for-profit news website in the cards for LA?
- McGraw-Hill Puts Stations on Block
- Comcast bumps up speed for home-Internet users
- Wi-Fi gives kids access to unchaperoned Net
- As Cities Go From Two Papers to One, Talk of Zero
- Know when your bus is late with live transit updates in Google Maps
- Are kids ready for ads in virtual worlds?
- 3G and 4G Wireless Speed Showdown: Which Networks Are Fastest?
- Teaching kids to drive the Net
- Parents shaky about kids' safety online
- Protecting kids from online food ads
- America's Most Wired Cities
- National Conference for Media Reform 2013