Originally published: November 12, 2011
Last updated: December 21, 2011 - 4:27am
The Federal Communications Commission’s Office of Engineering and Technology (OET) is requesting comment on the recently completed 45-day public trial of Spectrum Bridge Inc.’s database system designed to support the operation of unlicensed transmitting devices in broadcast television spectrum bands (TV bands database system).
In a Public Notice released September 14, 2011, DA 11-1534, the FCC announced that, beginning September 19, 2011, it was conducting a 45-day public trial of Spectrum Bridge Inc.’s TV bands database system. This trial allowed the public to access and test Spectrum Bridge’s database system to ensure that it correctly identifies channels that are available for unlicensed TV bands devices, properly registers facilities entitled to protection, and provides protection to authorized services and registered facilities as specified in the rules. Participants were encouraged to report any inaccuracies or other issues with any aspect of the database system to Spectrum Bridge. Spectrum Bridge has provided a summary report on the trial of its TV bands database system to OET that identifies: (1) problems reported and their disposition; and (2) descriptions of changes made to the channel availability calculator or registration systems. The FCC is requesting that interested parties submit comments on the trial and this report.
- FCC Announces Testing for Spectrum Bridge's TV Band Database System
- FCC Announces the Opening of Public Testing for Google's TV Band Database System
- First Television White Spaces Database and device
- FCC Launches White Spaces Database Test March 11
- Should Microsoft be a TV Bands Device Database Administrator?
- FCC approves latecomer Microsoft as white-space database provider
- Spectrum Bridge CTO: Spectrum Legislation Won’t Hamper White Spaces Initiatives
- FCC Names TV White Space Database Administrators -- including Google
- Developing A Blueprint For White Spaces
- White Space Rules Go Into Effect Jan. 5, 2011
- TV White Spaces Proceeding (Unlicensed Operation in the TV Broadcast Bands -- ET Docket No. 04-186)
- FCC Seeks White Spaces Database Managers
- Dynamic Use of Radio Spectrum
- FCC Okays Second Area for "White Space" Operations
- Will The FCC Create An ICANN for White Spaces?