Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Briefing on Emergency Alert System Test
Communications and Technology Subcommittee
House Commerce Committee
November 17, 2011
A bipartisan member briefing with the Federal Communications Commission and Federal Emergency Management Agency to review the test results and discuss ways to improve.
- Internet Privacy: The Views of the FTC, the FCC, and NTIA
- Mark-up on FCC Process Reform Legislation
- Hearing on H.R. 3035, The Mobile Informational Call Act of 2011
- Chairman Walden Seeks Review Of Emergency Alert Test
- Vote on FCC Reform Legislation
- POSTPONED: Vote on Resolution to Reverse FCC’s Internet Rules
- Sony and Epsilon: Lessons for Data Security Legislation
- National Test of the Emergency Alert System
- GPS Reliability: A Review of Aviation Industry Performance, Safety Issues, and Avoiding Potential New and Costly Government Burdens
- Mark-up on Jumpstarting Opportunity with Broadband Spectrum (JOBS) Act of 2011
- Creating an Interoperable Public Safety Network
- Vote on SAFE Data Act
- Future of Video
- Federal Government Spectrum Use
- POSTPONED: FCC Process Reform