Originally published: December 5, 2011
Last updated: December 22, 2011 - 1:55am
Public Knowledge welcomed three new members to the organization’s board: Maura Colleton Corbett, Andrew McLaughlin and Kevin Werbach.
Maura Colleton Corbett is the president and founder of the Glen Echo Group. She brings 20 years of communications, public affairs and coalition building experience to the Glen Echo Group, which provides senior-level strategic counsel to clients faced with complicated issues affecting the high-technology industry including Internet policy, wireless technologies, broadband competition, deployment and applications, and content-related policy issues including privacy, security and copyright. Corbett received the 2010 Women in Technology Leadership Award, for her demonstration of exemplary leadership skills and exceptional results in community-related work.
Andrew McLaughlin, who recently began a new assignment as a vice president of Tumblr. He is the former executive director of Civic Commons, a new non-profit that help cities and other governments share and implement low- cost technologies to improve public services, management, accountability, transparency, and citizen engagement. From 2009-2011, McLaughlin served on President Obama's White House staff as Deputy Chief Technology Officer of the United States and was a member of the a member of the Technology, Innovation and Government Reform cluster of the Obama/Biden Transition Team. From 2004-2009, he was Director of Global Public Policy at Google.
Kevin Werbach is Associate Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics, at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. His research addresses strategic and public policy issues at the intersection of law, business, and technology. He is the also the founder of Supernova Group, a technology analysis and consulting firm. He organizes the annual Supernova conference. Werbach served on the Obama Administration’s Presidential Transition Team, and was employed as an expert advisor on broadband policy to the FCC and National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- Former FCC Commissioner Copps Joins Public Knowledge Board
- Tumblr snags Andrew McLaughlin, former White House staffer
- New Hires For Obama's SciTech Team
- Officials Defend Fair Use
- McLaughlin to Stanford
- Andrew McLaughlin, VP at Tumblr, former Googler
- MAP Annual Event with Kevin Werbach
- Today's Quote 11.24.09
- Egypt crisis makes case for network neutrality: ex-Obama tech chief
- Internet Censorship is a Trade Issue Too
- Would-Be Internet Regulators Need Deleting
- McLaughlin, Obama's deputy CTO, leaves to launch start-ups
- White House official reprimanded for consulting with Google colleagues
- Obama expected to push network neutrality
- Rep Issa wants answers on White House's Google ties