Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting
Federal Communications Commission
March 21, 2012
The FCC will consider:
- Review of the Program Access Rules Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking exploring whether to retain, sunset, or relax the exclusive contract prohibition of the program access rules and whether to revise the program access rules to better address alleged violations.
- Creation of a Low Power Radio Service Report and Order: a Report and Order to implement a market-specific FM translator processing scheme, adopt application caps to prevent trafficking, and modify policies to expand opportunities to rebroadcast AM stations on FM translators.
- Creation of a Low Power Radio Service Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Report and Order: A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding proposals to implement the Local Community Radio Act and to strengthen the LPFM service, including second adjacent channel waiver procedures, interference remediation requirements, and modification of eligibility, ownership, and selection standards.
- Promoting Interoperability in the 700 MHz Commercial Spectrum Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning the potential for harmful interference to Lower 700 MHz B and C Block operations if the Lower 700 MHz Band were interoperable and whether, if such interference exists, it can be reasonably mitigated. The NPRM also seeks comment on the best course of action should the Commission determine that interoperability would cause limited or no harmful interference to Lower 700 MHz B and C Block licensees, or that such interference can be reasonably mitigated.
- Advanced Wireless Service in the 2 GHz Band Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry: A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking proposing service, technical, assignment, and licensing rules for flexible terrestrial use of spectrum currently assigned to the Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) in the 2 GHz band. The Commission will also consider a Notice of Inquiry regarding an alternative band plan involving additional spectrum at 1695-1710 MHz that the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has proposed to reallocate from Federal to commercial use.
- FCC Confirms March 21 Meeting Agenda
- FCC Releases March Open Meeting Agenda
- FCC Strikes Three Items Off March 21 Agenda
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (June 2012)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (Feb 2013)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (May 2012)
- FCC Open Meeting (August 2011)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (August 2012)
- FCC Open Meeting (July 2011)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (Sept 2012)
- Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting (April 2012)
- FCC Open Meeting (May 2013)
- FCC Open Meeting (May)
- FCC Open Meeting (August w/agenda)
- FCC Open Meeting (April 2013)