Originally published: March 5, 2012
Last updated: March 5, 2012 - 7:03pm
Google Chairman Eric Schmidt painted a messianic picture of our technological future, involving holographic telepresence, self-driving cars, automatic translation, and the widespread deployment of 1Gbps Internet access over optical fiber, bringing transnational peace and communication to all.
- Do We Need Cyber Cops for cars?
- Google name service would be cause for alert
- Telepresence: Not just for meetings any more
- Google's Schmidt pitches 'self-governing' Net
- Google's Eric Schmidt Pours $1.5 Million Into An Online Ad Startup
- State Department: Timing of Google exec's trip to North Korea not 'helpful'
- Google CEO Eric Schmidt is new New America Foundation Chairman
- Google defends itself over antitrust inquiries
- Eric Schmidt: Google Does Not Dominate Search, Mobile
- Google's Schmidt tees off on copyright bill
- Eric Schmidt on What's Ahead
- How do you use 1Gbps Internet links? Chattanooga residents find out
- Google’s Coolest Project? Broadband
- Google Ideas exploring how technology can address global troubles
- German cable operator successfully trials 1Gbps over cable TV network