Those jumping on board say they are preparing for a future in which the Internet is the foundation for entertainment, education and nearly everything else. Knowing how the digital pieces fit together, they say, will be crucial to ensuring that they are not left in the dark ages. Some in this crowd foster secret hopes of becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg. But most have no plans to quit their day jobs — it is just that those jobs now require being able to customize a blog’s design or care for and feed an online database.
- Don't parlez-vous? Google enhances Translate app
- Google’s Dart may be the code to make web apps shine
- Google working on advanced Web engineering
- Advanced Cyber-Attacks on the Rise in 2010
- Disabled deprived of access to many top Web sites
- How Facebook Connect took down the Web
- App Skills in Demand
- Bloated website code drains your smartphone's battery
- NebuAd, ISPs sued over DPI snooping, ad-targeting program
- Fire and Silk: Did Amazon's Jeff Bezos bury the lead?
- How to Get Rejected from the App Store
- Larry Page evasive with Oracle's lawyer, but admits Google never obtained Java license
- Apple To Publish Guidelines For App Approval
- Free Online Course Will Rely on Multiple Sites
- Google engineer Lindholm: 'I had little involvement in Android'