Originally published: March 29, 2012
Last updated: April 5, 2012 - 9:13am
Google Account Activity is Google's fairly transparent attempt to differentiate itself from Facebook by being open about what it knows about you. But in their attempt to not overwhelm you with the truly scary amount of data they have compiled about you, they boiled it all down into a super accessible milquetoast of a dashboard that tells you absolutely nothing.
You know what Google isn't telling you?
- Google knows every search query you've ever entered while logged in
- Google has all kinds of demographic information about you
- Google has probably derived, from the above data, everything from your sexual orientation to your hometown, though I can't prove it.
- Google has a rough idea of your social graph, based on your gmail contacts and the frequency with which you email them.
- Thousands and thousands of lines of other information about you.
- Big brother Inc
- How To Claw Back Privacy Under Google's New Policy
- Google Shuts Kids Out of Email Accounts
- Google Defends Privacy Practices
- How to choose what you share with Google
- Google Buzz may put children at risk, parents fear
- Evolving the Open Government Dashboard with You
- Google's Schmidt: Autonomous, Fast Search Is 'Our New Definition'
- Google Warns of New State-Sponsored Cyberattack Targets
- The Emperor of All Identities
- What a Difference a Week Makes: A New Framework for Protecting Privacy
- 'Social' phones to reveal all about your caller
- Google Tries To Kibosh Funding Of Critic
- Facebook Is Using You