Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Broadband Adoption Lifeline Pilot Program
Federal Communications Commission
May 14, 2012
2:00 p.m. -- 4:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time
A webinar to discuss the Broadband Adoption Lifeline Pilot Program. The Bureau encourages virtual participation and will take questions from remote participants. The Webinar will feature short presentations by three experts who specialize in project design of field experiments, and a discussion by the experts on designing pilot projects for the Broadband Adoption Pilot Program. In addition, staff from the Bureau will be available to answer questions regarding the application procedures for entities interested in filing applications to participate in the Broadband Adoption Pilot Program. Applications are due July 2, 2012.
2:00 p.m. Welcome Remarks
Sharon Gillett, Chief, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
2:10 p.m. Panel on Designing Broadband Adoption Pilot Projects
Short presentations and discussion about how to design proposed Broadband Adoption Lifeline Pilot Projects as field experiments designed to gather robust data about the use of the Lifeline Program to increase broadband adoption among low-income consumers.
Jay Schwarz, Industry Economist, Wireline Competition Bureau, FCC
Dr. Jacob M. Benus, Executive Vice President & Director of Research, IMPAQ International, LLC
Dr. Stephen Bell, Principal Associate/Scientist, Social & Economic Policy, Abt Associates
Dr. Peter Schochet, Senior Economist, Mathematic Policy Research
3:15 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. General Discussion of Application Procedures
Kim Scardino, Deputy Division Chief of TAPD, Wireline Competition Bureau, FCC
Garnet Hanly, Attorney Advisor, TAPD, Wireline Competition Bureau, FCC
3:55 p.m. Closing Remarks
The webinar will be open to the public and will be accessible from the FCC webpage. To view the webcast, go to www.fcc.gov/live on the day of the event. Presentations will be available both during and after the event at www.fcc.gov/event. Participants may submit questions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants are strongly encouraged but not required to pre-register. Please send an e-mail to BBPilot@fcc.gov to pre-register for the webcast. We will respond to as many questions as possible during the webinar.
The webinar will be webcast from the Commission Meeting Room (TW-C305). Individuals who want to attend the webinar may do so and are advised to arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the webinar to allow time to go through our security process. Individuals are not required to pre-register, but are encouraged to submit their name and company affiliation ahead of time by sending an email to BBPilot@fcc.gov in order to expedite the check-in process.
- Consumer Advisory Committee (August 2010)
- FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee (Sept '12)
- Broadband & the Future of E-Rate
- FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee (updated with agenda)
- Broadband Pilot Programs for Low-Income Consumers (updated)
- Broadband Lifeline and Connect2Compete Mark A New ‘Broadband Moment’ Around Adoption and Usage
- POSTPONED: FCC Forum to Address Emergency Response Interoperability Center
- FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee (updated w/agenda)
- Additional Questions About Lifeline/LinkUp
- Broadband and the Digital Future
- Broadband Adoption and Usage – What Have We Learned? (updated w/agenda)
- Contraband Cell Phones in Prisons (updated w/agenda)
- First Responders Summit: Interoperable and Reliable Public Safety Communications
- FCC Open Meeting (March 2011)
- FCC Launches Competition To Identify The Best Ways To Increase Broadband Adoption Among Low-Income Americans