FCC Seeks Input on Model Design and data Inputs for Phase II of the Connect America Fund
Originally published: June 12, 2012
Last updated: June 12, 2012 - 6:30pm
This Public Notice is the next step of an open, deliberative process to develop the final model design and inputs for the Connect America Fund. The Notice identifies several significant threshold model design decisions and seeks comment on specific proposals for the design of the model and data inputs to be used.
This is not an exhaustive list of such issues, but represents the next step in the open, deliberative process to determine the design of the model the Bureau will ultimately adopt. The Bureau also seeks comment on commenters’ identification of additional issues that need to be developed in the record of this proceeding.
The Federal Communications Commission’s Wireline Competition Bureau anticipates that, in addition to comments in response to this Public Notice, there will be additional opportunities for further public input before a final model is adopted and support levels are established. The further opportunities may include additional comment periods or workshop discussions, and may address in further detail matters raised in this Public Notice or questions not reached by this Public Notice, such as the appropriate prices to assign to specific cost inputs to the model. The Bureau may modify model design and inputs, including potentially combining elements of multiple models into a new model, in response to input it receives from the public.
Comments due July 9, 2012; Reply comments are due July 23, 2012 [WC Docket Nos. 10-90, 05-337]
- FCC Seeks Further Comment On Issues Regarding Service Obligations For Connect America Phase II and Determining Who is On Unsubsidized Competitor
- Further Inquiry into Issues Related To Mobility Fund Phase II
- FCC Issues Collection Instructions for the Healthcare Connect Fund
- Request for Connect America Fund Cost Models
- Wireless High-Cost Universal Service Support Reform
- Cable Operators Agree It Is Time to Reform USF
- USF/ICC Reform ex parte Meetings
- Consumer Advocates Critical of FCC USF Reform Process
- Improving Communications Services for Native Nations (NOI)
- Rural Health Care, Spectrum and Reform on FCC's July Agenda
- FCC Seeks Comment on Proposed Urban Rates Survey
- Setting the Right Incentives for Investment in Rural Broadband
- FCC Seeks Additional Input in USF/ICC Reform
- FCC Releases Universal Service Reform Proposals
- Making Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation Reform Happen