Last updated: June 26, 2012 - 8:27am
Facebook announced that Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at Facebook, has joined the company’s board of directors.
Sandberg oversees Facebook’s business operations including sales, marketing, business development, legal, human resources, public policy and communications. Prior to Facebook, Sandberg was vice president of Global Online Sales and Operations at Google, where she built and managed the online sales channels for advertising and publishing and operations for consumer products worldwide. She previously served as Chief of Staff for the United States Treasury Department under President Bill Clinton and began her career as an economist with the World Bank. She received B.A. and M.B.A degrees from Harvard University. Sandberg also serves on the boards of The Walt Disney Company, Women for Women International, the Center for Global Development and V-Day.
Along with Sandberg, Facebook’s current board members are: Mark Zuckerberg; Marc L. Andreessen, Andreessen Horowitz; Erskine B. Bowles, president emeritus, University of North Carolina system; James W. Breyer, Accel Partners; Donald E. Graham, chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company; Reed Hastings, chairman and CEO, Netflix; and Peter A. Thiel, Founders Fund.
- Erskine Bowles joins Facebook board
- Facebook’s Sandberg Gently Warns Europe About Privacy Rules
- Facebook execs pump cash into PAC
- The $1.6 Billion Woman, Staying on Message
- Facebook blames US immigration policy for Silicon Valley talent war
- Zuckerberg: Google, Yahoo, Microsoft Collect Data 'Behind Your Back'
- Facebook Prepares to Add Friends in Washington
- Facebook's power play
- Chairman Rockefeller encourages FTC to crack down on Facebook
- The Facebook and More
- The Men and No Women of Web 2.0 Boards
- Call for Questions & Input: The President’s Council on Jobs Session in Palo Alto, CA
- Facebook becoming big friend of small businesses
- Silicon Valley’s most important document ever
- Media and Tech Confer in Sun Valley