Originally published: June 23, 2011
Last updated: June 23, 2011 - 8:07pm
Scott Deutchman will join Neustar as Vice President of Legal and External Affairs. Deutchman comes to Neustar from the Executive Office of the President’s Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), where he serves as the Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Telecommunications. In his new role at Neustar, he will focus on a variety of Internet, telecommunications and innovation-related issues. Deutchman’s tenure at Neustar begins on July 5, and he will report directly to Executive Vice President of Legal and External Affairs, Scott Blake Harris.
Deutchman was responsible for advising the nation’s first U.S. Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and other Administration officials on legal, policy and legislative matters involving telecommunications, innovation and technology policy. On behalf of the CTO and the OSTP, he worked on administration initiatives involving spectrum, public safety, and broadband.
Prior to joining the OSTP, Deutchman served at the Federal Communications Commission as Acting Senior Legal Advisor on broadband policy to then-Acting Chairman Michael J. Copps between January 2009 and July 2009. Deutchman joined Commissioner Copps’ office in April 2006 as Legal Advisor for competition and universal service issues. He previously worked for the law firm of Hogan Lovells and for LMG, a public affairs firm. He also served as a Democratic Counsel to the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.
- Power to become White House telecom aide
- Information Technology Industry Council hires White House communications aide
- OSTP Full of Firsts
- Schneider Joins Copps' Staff
- New Members of President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee
- Martin names New Media & International Bureau Chiefs
- Benton Foundation Welcomes Jim Kohlenberger to Board of Directors
- Tech experts exit White House
- Brioché and Trahern join Comcast
- Kalil And Kohlenberger Join Obama White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Senate schedules nomination hearing for new White House tech official
- President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology
- OSTP Launches New Web Site
- Commissioner Copps Announces Staff Changes
- New Hires For Obama's SciTech Team