Originally published: August 16, 2011
Last updated: August 16, 2011 - 2:50pm
What does Google-Motorola mean for media and marketing? Nothing immediately. This is largely a deal to acquire software patents and has no near-term implications for advertising. Google insists Motorola will operate as a separate unit and will continue to make mobile phones and tablets under the Motorola badge. In other words, don't expect Google phones and tablets -- for now.
- What the Google/Motorola Deal Means for TV
- Will Microsoft Benefit From the Google-Motorola Deal?
- Motorola Mobility Director Resigns
- What Google Gobbling Motorola Mobility Means For The Way We Think About Smartphones
- Motorola Deal Means Google Controls Digital Pipeline
- Google TV: What Does It Mean for Advertisers?
- Microsoft to win from Google Motorola buy: Acer
- The Truth About Google-Motorola: It Could End Up Being A Disaster
- Google gets China OK to buy Motorola
- Google-Motorola and Warren Buffet Drive Online Conversations
- Google’s Motorola Deal Will Spur Antitrust Regulators to Action
- Google deal opens consolidation possibilities
- Google-Motorola deal draws questions
- Google's Update on Motorola Acquisition
- Motorola Mobility Stockholders Approve Merger with Google